BEST Hacking League
Rules and Regulations
1. These BEST Hacking League Rules and Regulations (henceforth Regulations) determine rules and conditions on which the BEST Hacking League (henceforth Hackathon, Event, BHL) is held.
2. The organiser of the Hackathon is Stowarzyszenie Studentów BEST (henceforth Organiser), with its registered oce at Politechniki Square 1, room 142, 00-661 Warsaw.
3. Hackathon will take place on 3-4 April 2020 in Warsaw in Centralny Dom Technolgii at Krucza Street 50.
4. Goal of the Hackathon is creation of a technology facilitating saving money, time and environment and/or development of IT interests among students.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participation in the Hackathon is voluntary and free of charge. Participation is open to any natural person with full legal capacity, who is under 26 years old on day of the Hackathon and has a student status (henceforth Participant).
2. Teams of 2 to 4 Participants are allowed to participate in the Hackathon (henceforth Team).
3. A Team can take part in one of three categories: `Software’, `Hardware’ and `Task from Oranga Polska’.
4. In order to participate the Team’s captain has to ll out and send a team captain’s entry form and every Team member has to ll out and send a team member’s entry form, which will be sent to the captain on completion of his form.
5. Teams shall declare in the Team’s captain entry form, which category (`Software’, `Hardware’ and `Task form Orange Polska’) they want to participate in.
6. Enrollment in the Hackathon takes place between 06.03.2020 and 27.03.2020 and is carried out through lling out an entry form available on the website www.besthackingleague.pl (henceforth `Website’).
7. The organiser reserves the right to limit the number of Participants in case the number of Teams exceeds 20 in Software category and/or 10 in Hardware category. In such case admissions will be based on solutions of the qualifying task sent to potential Teams. Assessment criteria of the qualifying task will be published on the Website by 6.03.2020 r.
8. Participants shall prepare their own computers and other hardware necessary to participte in BHL.
9. Participants are responsible for their belongings (including computers) and are obliged to look after them.
The Orgainiser is not responsible for any loses and damage.
10. Teams in the Hardware category will have access to a shop with elements helpful in development of their device. Each Team will recieve a coupon with a value decided by the organiser. The coupon is valid only in this shop and will expire with closing of said shop. Working hours of the shop will be given in the begining of the event.
11. A list of elements available in the shop will be released on the Website by 20.03.2020. The Participants may suggest adding elements to this list, however, the Organiser reserves the right not to oblige to such suggestion.
12. If a Team in a hardware category wants to bring their own parts, it is required to send a list to be approved to `email@example.com’ by 27.03.2020. Parts submitted after this date will not be allowed to be used by the Team during the Hackathon.
13. For the Participants of the Hardware category there is a FabLab workshop. Participants using tools and equipment supplied by the Orgainser are obliged to take care of said equipment and in case of any malfunctions to notify the Organiser about them. In justied cases the Participants may be held nancially responsible for any potential loses and damages. Rules and Regulations of use of FabLab is available on the Website.
14. The Participant states there are no medical contraindications to participation in the event. The Organiser is not responsible for any damages on this account.
15. The Participant is responsible for any damages caused by them to the place in which the event is held.
16. Team’s name can not contain any vulgar or insulting expresions, facist, nazi, communist, etc. slogans, which are forbidden by the Polish law.
17. Participants are obliged to arrive to the events location on the given date.
18. There is no possibility of remote participation in the Hackathon.
19. Participants of the Software category can use any tool, programming language, environment, etc. used to create their applications
20. Participants of the Hardware category must create their devices using either Arduino or Raspberry platform. Each team must declare, which platform it will use in the signup form.
21. Participants of the `Task from Orange Polska’ category can use any tool, programming language, environment, etc. used to create their applications.
22. The application or the device must be created only during the Hackathon.
COURSE OF THE EVENT
1. Hackathon will take place according to a schedule published on the Website at least 7 days before the start of the Hackathon.
2. The organiser will provide: internet access, electricity, some elements and tools for participants of the Hardware cetegory, food and drinks.
3. Other equipment will not be provided. The participant shall use other equipment of their own.
4. Before the nal presentation Participants shall put their code in any public remote repository and mark it in a way suggested by the Organiser.
5. The Participant can leave the premises of Hackathon on their own between X and Y. Except for this period the Participant can leave only at times given by the Organiser in the beginning of the event.
CHOICE OF THE WINNERS
1. Winners of the Hardware category will be chosen in the following way:
• Teams will show their projects in a few minute long presentations. The exact Teams’ presentations’ length wil be given in the beginning of the event. During the presentation jury can ask the Team questions about their projects.
• The jury will have access to any technical documentation of the projects.
2. Choice of winners of Software and `Company’s task’ categories will take place in two stages:
• Preselection During the Hackathon members of the jury will observe the work of Teams. Based on their observations they will select nalists, who will proceed to the next stage. Number of nalists in both categories will be given in the beginning of the event.
• Final Best Teams selected in Preselection will show their projects in a few minute long presentations.
The exact Teams’ presentations’ length will be given in the beginning of the event.
• During both stages of assessment jury has the right to ask Teams questions about their projects.
3. Designs, which do not coincide with the Hackathon’s theme will not be assessed by the jury.
4. In the Hardware category these are assessment criteria and the maximal number of points to earn:
• Coincidence with the theme of the Hackathon, the way of realisation of the task – 30 points
• Fuctionablity and ease of use – 20 points
• Advancement of the project – 20 points
• Development and business potential – 15 points
• Innovation of created design – 15 points
5. In the Software category these are preselection assessment criteria and the maximal number of points to earn:
• Coincidence with the theme of the Hackathon, the way of realisation of the task – 20 points
6. In the Software category these are nal assessment criteria and the maximal number of points to earn:
• Innovation of created design – 20 points
• Usefulness of created design – 10 points
• Advancement of the project – 15 points
• Development and business potential – 15 points
7. Assessment criteria in the `Task from Orange Polska’ category will be given with the task itself in the beginning of the event.
8. Each member of the jury assesses the designs individually according to each of the criteria on a scale of 0 to 80 points. The nal score is the sum of points given by each of the jury’s members.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Authors of any applications, devices and similar created during the Hackathon own the copyrights to them.
2. The Participant shall arm they are the author or contributor of all of the works created during the event and these works do not infringe any rights of third parties. Furthermore, the participate shall declare they are responsible in respect of any claims, concerning infrigement of copyright laws, of third parties directed to the organiser.
3. Organiser reserves the right to publish the teams’ solutions on the Website and on fanpages of BEST Warsaw and BEST Hacking League.
1. Participants are required to create an application or a device related to the idea `Save the world’.
2. Participants of the Software category will be given 1 problem by the Organiser at least 3 days before the Event.
3. Participants of the `Company’s task’ category will be given 1 problem by the Organiser in the begining of the event.
4. Participants of the Hardware category will be given 3 problems by the Orgainser by 25.06.2020 r. Each Team is required to choose and deliver a solution to one of the problems.
5. Coincidence with the problems theme is taken into account in the assessment of the designs.
6. During the nal assessment of the designs every Team can present their solution, even if it is not coincident with the theme of the event. However, these soluions will not be assessed by the jury.
1. Jury’s verdict is nal and irrefutable. Participants do not have the right to appeal the jury’s verdict.
INFORMATION ON DATA PROCESSING
1. The adminitrator of your personal data is Stowarzyszenie Studentów BEST, with its registered oce at Politechniki Square 1, room 142, 00-661 Warsaw.
2. Data will be processed in order to conduct sign up, communication and participation in the Hackathon.
3. The data will be stored for maximum a month after the end of the event.
4. Photographs with the Participant from the event, can be used on fanpages of BEST Hacking League, BEST Warsaw, BEST Warsaw’s promotional materials and event’s partners as promotion.
5. The Participant has the right to access their personal data, aquire its copy, correction, deletion and limitation of processing of said data.
6. The Participant has the right to express objection against further data processing and in case of their assent for data processing to damand deletion of the data. The excercise of the right to revoke the assent does not inuence any data processing, which has taken place by the moment of revocation.
7. The participant has the right to notify the President of the Personal Data Protection Oce, with their registered oce at Stawki Street 2, 00-193 Warsaw.
1. These Regulations become eective on 21.02.2020.
2. In justied cases the Organiser reserves the right to change provisions in these Regulations.
3. The Organiser is not responsible for cancellation or change of date of the event and any claims in this respect are excluded.
4. Applying for participation means the Participant accepts and commits to obey the Regulations, Regulations of FabLab and Regulations of Centralny Dom Towarowy.
5. Any infringement of the Regulations, especially submission of false personal data or inngement of the Polish law grants the Organiser right to remove the Participant from the Hackathon.
6. Individuals under inuence of alcohol or drugs and individuals posing a threat to public order ore forbidden to enter the premises on which the Hackathon is held. If such individual is a Participant, they will be removed from the participant list.
7. Whole Regulations are placed on the Websit