BEST Hacking League
Rules and Regulations
- These Rules and Regulations of BEST Hacking League (henceforth “Regulations”) determine rules and conditions, on which BEST Hacking League (henceforth “Event”) is held.
- The Event consists of:
- Programming competition (henceforth “Hackathon”).
- 4 hour long workshops (henceforth “Marathons”).
- The organiser of the Event is Stowarzyszenie Studentów BEST (henceforth “Organiser”), with its registered office at: pl. Politechniki, p. 142, 00-661 Warsaw.
- The Event will be conducted online, on Discord. The Event will be streamed on Twitch.
- The goal of the Event is creation of devices or applications and development of IT related interests among students.
- The Event’s website is at besthackingleague.pl (henceforth “Website”).
- Contact with the Organiser is possible by firstname.lastname@example.org (henceforth “Email Address”).
COURSE OF THE HACKATHON
- The Hackathon will proceed according to the timetable published on the Website by 31.10.2020
- The Hackathon consists of:
- The competition, during which Teams develop their projects.
- Presentations, durng which Teams will present their projects in front of the Jury. Choice of the winners is based on these presentations and is described in § 5.
- Teams are obliged to share their projects (including source code and documetation) on any digital repository available to the Jury at least 2 hours before the end of the competition. Files should be described in a way given by the Organisers at the beginning of the Hackathon.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Participation in the Hackathon is voluntary and free of charge. Participation is open to any natural person with full legal capacity, who is under 26 years old on day of the Hackathon and has a student status (henceforth ‘‘Participant’’).
- Teams of 2 to 4 Participants are allowed to participate in the Hackathon (henceforth “Team’’).
- Enrollment in the Hackathon takes place between 9.10.2020 and 31.10.2020 and is carried out through filling out an entry form (henceforth “Form”) available on the Website.
- A Team can take part in one of three categories: Software, Hardware and Task from Main Sponsor.
- In order to participate in the Hackathon the Team has to apply via the Form:
- The Form available on the Website has to be filled out by the Team’s captain.
- Team captain will recieve an entry form for the rest of Team members in an email. Team members have to fill out this form.
- Number of Teams in the Software and Task from the Main Sponsor categories is unlimited.
- Number of Teams in the Hardware category is limited to 10. Teams are admitted on first-come-first-served basis.
- The Organiser does not supply Teams with any computer equipment.
- Team name can not contain any vulgar or insulting expresions, facist, nazi, communist, etc. slogans, which are forbidden by the Polish law, according to art. 196, art. 256 i art. 257 Kodeksu Karnego (Dz.U. 1997 Nr 88 poz. 553). Teams with names not complying with the requirements will not be allowed to participate.
- Teams in the Software and Task from the Main Sponsor categories can use any tool, programming language, environment, etc. to create their applications.
- The application or the device must be created entirely during the Hackathon. Projects, which were started before the Hackathon will be disqualified.
- [pt:presentation]Teams in Hardware category are obliged to present their device. It can be done either by sending a recording of the device before the presentation or showing it live, during the presentation.
- The Organiser does not supply Teams with elements neccessary to build the device. Teams in the Hardware category are eligible for a reimbursement on conditions listed below:
- Any purchases must by done on the Internet. All of the bought components must be on one VAT invoice.
- The Team must send the VAT invoice issued of the purchased elements to email@example.com by the end of the Event. Subject of the email must have this form: “
[5BHL] >>Team’s name<<”. If the Team sends the invoice later it will not be reimbursed.
- The invoice must be issued at: Stowarzyszenie Studentów BEST, Plac Politechniki 1/142 00-661 Warszawa, NIP: 5260031052. If the invoice has incorrect details the Team will not be reimbursed
- The total gross on the invoice sent by the Team must not exceed 150 PLN. The Organiser reserves the right not to realize the return if the total gross exceeds 150 PLN.
- Before he purchase the list of elements and a plan of using them must be sent to the Organiser. On acceptance the Team can make the purchase. The Organiser reserves the right not to reimburse the Team if the Team does not present their project according to [pt:presentation].
- After the Organiser accepts the invoice, the Team must send bank account details used to finalize the reimbursement. Teams will be reimbursed in 14 days from acceptance of the invoice.
CHOICE OF THE WINNERS
- Winners in the Software category are chosen in two stages:
- Winners in Hardware and Task from Main Sponsor categories are chosen through presentations.
- Preeliminations will be conducted thusly:
- Teams are obliged to share the description and documentation by the time given at the beginning of the Hackathon.
- Jury assess innovation of the projects according to the point 5a.
- The top 10 Teams will proceed to the presentations.
- Presentations will be conducted thusly:
- Teams present their projects in few minute long presentations.
- Duration time of a presentation will be announced at the beginning of the Hackathon.
- Presentations will take place on a designated Discord channel.
- Jury has access to documentation and other documents relevant to the project. Jury has the right to ask questions during the presentation.
- Teams present their projects in few minute long presentations.
- Assessment criteria in the Hardware and Software category:
- Innovation – 6 points
- Functionality and ease of use – 4 points
- Advancement of the project – 4 points
- Development and business potential – 3 points
- Way of realisation of the task – 3 points
- Assessment criteria in the Task from the Main Sponsor category will be given with the task itself at the beginning of the Hackathon.
- Each Juror assesses the designs individually. The final score is the sum of points given by each of the Jurors.
- Authors of any applications, devices and similar created during the Hackathon own the copyrights to them.
- The Participant shall affirm they are the author or contributor of all of the works created during the Hackathon and these works do not infringe any rights of third parties according to the Ustawa z 4 lutego 1994r. o prawie autorskim iprawach pokrewnych (Dz.U 1994 nr 24 poz. 83). Furthermore, the participate shall declare they are responsible in respect of any claims, concerning infrigement of copyright laws, of third parties directed to the Organiser. Any Team infringing those rights will be disqualified from the Hackathon.
- Organiser reserves the right to publish the descriptions and photographs of Teams’ creations on the Website and on fanpages of BEST Warsaw and BEST Hacking League.
- Teams are required to create an application or a device related to this idea: “Save the world or a part of it”.
- Teams in the Software category will be given 1 task. Text of the task will be released by 1.11.2020.
- Teams in the Hardware category will be given 1 task. Text of the task will be released by 9.10.2020.
- Teams in the Task from the Main Sponsor will be given 1 task. Text of the task will be released at the beginning of the Event.
- Jury’s verdict is final and irrefutable. Participants do not have the right to appeal the Jury’s verdict.
- Marathons will take place in times given on the Website by 16.10.2020.
- Participation in Marathons is voluntary and free of charge. Number of participants is limited.
- Registration for the Marathons is required to become a participant.
- Registration is conducted on the Website via a registration form. Registration begins on 17.10.2020 and is open by 31.10.2020 or until the limit of participants is exceeded.
- The adminitrator of your personal data (henceforth ‘‘Data’’) is Stowarzyszenie Studentów BEST, with its registered office at pl. Politechniki 1, p. 142, 00-661 Warsaw.
- The Data will be processed in order to conduct sign up, promotion, the Event end the evaluation questionnaire.
- The Data will be stored for maximum a month after the end of the Hackathon.
- By applying to participate in the Event the Participant gives consent to usage of the photographs and videos sent by them to the Organisers in the Event’s stream, on the social media of the BEST Warsaw, promotional material of BEST Warsaw and by the partners of the Event as promotions for a period of 2 years.
- The Participant has the right to access Data, acquire its copy, correction, deletion and limitation of processing.
- The Participant has the right to express objection against further data processing and in case of their assent for data processing to damand deletion of the data. The excercise of the right to revoke the assent does not influence any data processing, which has taken place by the moment of revocation.
- The Participant has the right to notify the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, with their registered office at ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw.
- These Regulation become effective on 8.10.2020.
- In justified cases the Organiser reserves the rights to change providions in these Regulations.
- The Organiser is not responsible for cancellation or change of date of the Hackathon and any claims in this respect are excluded.
- By applying to the Event the Participant accepts and commits to obey these Regulations.
- Any infringement of the Regulations, especially submission of false personal data or infringement of the Polish law grants the Organiser right to remove the Participant from the Hackathon.
- Individuals under influence of alcohol or drugs and individuals posing a threat to the public order will be removed from the Event.
- Whole Regulations are placed on the Website.